The Scout Service Management team is in the process of rebuilding the current tech tab in Scout to provide information about where tech-related services can be accessed rather than maintaining a catalog of devices, a service already provided by the Student Technology Loan Program. The project is estimated to complete sometime Fall 2023. In the meantime, the current version will continue to function as a repository of devices but please be aware that change is coming soon.
To help you gather as much information as possible for a tech space, the following comprehensive list explains all of the fields that are found in a tech space in Scout Manager.
- Space Name*
- Space Manager Group*
- The UW group assigned to make edits to this space.
- Primary purpose of Space*
- Latitude & Longitude*
- Use the onscreen map to drop a pin at the location; coordinates will auto populate.
- Type of space
- If the building you’re looking for is not on this list, please contact email@example.com with the following subject line: Scout – UW Building Addition.
*Required field when adding a new space to Scout Manager. Cannot continue with adding the space, or any other details, until these fields are completed.
- Space manager contact info
- The primary contact person responsible for maintaining the space information. If this field is left blank, all members of the UW Group assigned to the space will be contacted instead.
- Complete the hours for each day of the week the space is available for student use.
- Hours notes
- Used to notify if there are any closures, changes in hours for breaks, etc.
You can use the links in this section to provide more detailed information about where the available tech devices are housed. When you click you will see a new page with a selection of fields to complete.
Add New Item to this space
*Required field when adding a new space to Scout Manager. You cannot continue adding the space, or any other details, until these fields are completed.
- Funding Source
- Manual URL
- Checkout Duration (days)
- Reservation URL
- Reservation Notes
- A clear view of the space using a horizontal aspect (16:9) and the recommended internet photo standard of 1280×720.
Batch Add Items to this space
- Publish Item
If you need further assistance, please contact UW-IT at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-221-5000.