Bridge by Instructure is a learning management system geared towards training and professional development. Authors can create courses and learners can take courses online and in-person. For basic information about Bridge functionality, visit the Bridge Basics Guide.
If you are a UW faculty or staff member, or UW student employee, you already have access to Bridge as a learner. If you recently joined the UW, it may take a couple of days for you to be added to Bridge.
Bridge learners can:
- Find trainings and take online and in-person courses.
- My Learning shows courses which have been assigned to you or courses you have taken or started.
- The Learning Library shows all the courses you may take. Some courses in the Learning Library may be required for your job.
- Track scores for completed courses and progress on courses you’ve started.
If you have questions about course content, please contact the department that created the materials.
Create and manage courses
Bridge authors can
- Create an online course inside Bridge by adding text, videos, images, quizzes, etc.
- Upload courses from other authoring software using SCORM
- Schedule and track registrations for live trainings
- Assign courses to learners
Get started with authoring:
- Want to try out Bridge as an author? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, include “Bridge” in the subject line, and request access to the UW-IT Bridge test site.
- Watch the Author Training and Manage Courses videos on the UW-IT Bridge test site.
- Find help: In the top right corner of Bridge, click your initials, then, in the box near the bottom of the page, click the link to the help guides.
When naming your course, include the following:
- Topic: what the course is about and who it is intended for
- Publishing group: who developed the course, to indicate content and intention of the training
- Applicable dates: If the course material is offered during a specific period, add this to the title. For example, if compliance training is updated yearly, include the year the course is relevant.
Format course names as follows: Topic / Publishing Group / Dates
Example course name: Authorizing SAGE ASTRA Roles / UW-Office of Research-Information Services
Example course name with an applicable date: Safety Knots for Riggers / UW-Circus-Staging / 2016-17
Fees are charged per learner based on the approximate number of trainings they take annually from your unit. For details, contact email@example.com and include “Bridge” in the subject line.