ABOUT UW PANOPTO
Panopto is the UW-IT supported lecture capture solution. Panopto allows for easy recording and reviewing of videos from courses, lectures, and presentations. As a cloud-enabled service, Panopto is designed to simplify the lecture capture process. Recordings in Panopto are viewable on most Web browsers and mobile devices. No service fee for eligible users. Review policies (FERPA Considerations) for using Panopto at the UW.
Panopto helps you to:
- Record lectures and presentations
- Share recordings
- Share recordings in Canvas
- Schedule recordings in classrooms
- Add captions to recordings
- View recordings
- Service metrics: see adoption data
- Data retention policy
- 2019 UW Panopto Survey of Instructors and Students, 2016 UW Panopto Survey
Online Help Center:
- Email and phone
- Support staff are available during Learning Technology’s Help Desk Hours.
Free workshops: view schedule & register.
UW Learning Technologies multimedia consultants are available to help faculty and staff effectively use video as a tool for teaching and learning. To set up a consulting session, email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Learning Technologies Consult Appointment Request’ in the subject line and a brief description of your goals.
Upgrades, Known Issues, System Status, and Updates:
- Panopto will require all creators to upgrade recorders by the third Thursday of each July. At the minimum, you will need to be on the version that was current as of March 31st.
- Issues with Panopto quizzes
- Course copy issue
- Third-party cookies need to be enabled.
- System Status
- IT Connect Panopto Updates