UW-IT is the central IT organization for the University of Washington, providing critical technology support to all three campuses, UW medical centers and global research operations. UW-IT collaborates with University partners to advance teaching, learning, innovation and discovery at the UW.
UW-IT is changing to serve the UW better. Learn how.
UW-IT’s responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning, oversight and direction of the University’s IT infrastructure, resources and services
- Consulting with academic, clinical and administrative units to evaluate their IT requirements, capabilities and requests
- Managing UW central IT infrastructure and services, including academic and collaborative applications, accessible technology, administrative systems and information management, classroom technology, computing infrastructure, customer service, data centers, information security and privacy, IT services and strategic sourcing, networking, technology business continuity and telecommunications
- Providing technology tools and resources for UW students, faculty and staff.
- Working with the President, Provost and appropriate governance committees to determine IT strategies, policies, priorities and resource allocations
- Representing UW’s IT interests at the state, national and international levels
UW-IT is comprised of seven divisions in service of the UW
- Office of the Vice President
UW-IT's Office of the Vice President and CIO
- UW-IT Employment
Find employment opportunities and learn about what it's like to work in UW-IT.
- UW-IT Events Calendar
Find events, conferences, workshops, information sessions and office hours from UW-IT
- UW-IT’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion
UW-IT is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and welcoming environment
- UW-IT Metrics
UW-IT continually monitors its performance to ensure it's meeting the needs of the University
- UW-IT Organizational Chart
Learn how UW-IT leadership is structured
- UW-IT Strategy
Good technology, well delivered, for a better university