University classrooms are designed with standard feature sets incorporating a variety of installed equipment and bring your own device (BYOD) support. Academic Technologies offers a series of virtual Equipment Tutorials as a means to familiarize classroom users with installed classroom technology. All tutorials are featured on the Academic Technologies YouTube channel and embedded below for easy reference.
Blu-ray video playback (1:07)
This virtual tutorial will show you how to use the Blu-Ray player in UW Seattle classrooms.
Classroom audio settings (1:53)
This virtual tutorial will show you how to control a UW Seattle classroom audio system and microphone equipment.
Crestron control panel settings (5:54)
This virtual tutorial will show you how to use the Crestron control touch panel in UW Seattle classrooms.
Desktop computer projection (1:13)
This virtual tutorial will show you how to project the desktop computer in UW Seattle classrooms.
Document camera projection (1:39)
This virtual tutorial will show you how to project the document camera in UW Seattle classrooms.
Laptop/tablet computer projection (1:14)
This virtual tutorial will show you how to connect your laptop to a UW Seattle classroom A/V system.
Using Panopto in a classroom (1:19)
This virtual tutorial will show you how to utilize Panopto settings in UW Seattle classrooms.
Using Zoom in a classroom (1:19)
This virtual tutorial will show you how to use Zoom in UW Seattle classrooms.
What other information do I need to know?
- This service is primarily intended for credit-generating courses listed in the university Time Schedule.
- All other eligible classroom users should request room scheduling and related assistance through Event Services.
- Operation of installed classroom technology is intended to be highly intuitive; however, printed instructions are made available in every classroom.
- A Husky Card or Technology Key may be required for access to installed classroom technology.
- All classroom users are encouraged to visit their assigned room in advance or view the Academic Technologies Classroom Features page for more information.
- Academic Technologies does not warrant or guarantee that third-party audio/video or network devices will be compatible with the technology installed in classrooms.
- An Equipment Reservation may be made if supplemental classroom technology is required.
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Academic Technologies Help Desk
Email | Web | Phone: 206-221-5000, Option 2
Walk-in Location and Hours
UW Mailbox: 353095