While classes are being conducted remotely, you can help students work together using any of these solutions:
- Canvas Collaborations: Multiple users can work together on the same document at the same time. Collaborative documents are saved in real-time, meaning a change made by any of its users will be immediately visible to everyone. Students must log into the UW Google accounts, not their personal account to use Canvas Collaborations.
- Canvas Groups: You can set up groups for your students or allow them to set up their own groups. Canvas Groups allow students to have a discussion board, to meet via Big Blue Button conferencing, and to collaborate on files. Learn how to set up Groups.
- Zoom videoconferencing: Through the Zoom app in Canvas, students and instructors have access to Zoom for meetings of unlimited duration, with up to 300 participants. Students can use Zoom outside of Canvas to set up study groups.
- About communicating with students in Canvas
- Add people to your Canvas course
- View people in your course
- Create a discussion*
- Collaborate with students in real-time*
- Set up a conference
- Send email to students*
*Canvas vendor documentation (Instructure)