Apply a 4.0 grade scale to a Canvas assignment
When you are creating an assignment for your Canvas course, you can select a UW 4.0 grade scale that you have previously created and apply it to that assignment.
- From the Canvas course home page, in the left navigation, click Assignments.
- On the Assignments page, in the upper right corner, click the blue Add Assignment button.
Select an existing assignment, and in the upper right corner, click Edit.
- Fill in the Assignment fields (Name, description, Points, Assignment Group) as you want. (You can also fill in this information after any of the following steps.)
- From the Display Grade as drop-down menu, select GPA Scale.
- Under the Display Grade as field, click View Grading Scheme.
- In the upper right corner, click Select Another Scheme.
- In the left panel of the View/Edit Grading Scheme window, click a scale title.
- In the right panel, scroll down to the bottom of the scale, and click Use This Grading Standard.
- Click Done.