Academic Technologies offers a small selection of audiovisual equipment for short-term and long-term reservation in support of credit-generating courses and special events scheduled in campus facilities. Equipment availability, reservation length, and pricing is dependent on affiliation and intended use. Continue below for additional information.
Do I need to make an equipment reservation?
We highly encourage classroom users to visit their assigned room in advance, or view our Classroom Features page, to determine whether or not an equipment reservation is necessary. If you do not see your assigned room listed, we suggest reaching out to your Venue Operator with questions regarding equipment availability. Campus classrooms and event venues are equipped with standard feature sets for instruction and event presentations.
Who may make an equipment reservation?
- Faculty, staff, and teaching assistants of UW academic and administrative units
- Officers of Registered Student Organizations (RSOs)
What type of audiovisual equipment can be reserved?
- Digital projectors
- Optical disc (CD/DVD) players
- Portable audio systems
- Presentation (PowerPoint) remotes
How do I make an equipment reservation?
Eligible individuals listed above may request an equipment reservation by contacting Academic Technologies using the information provided at the bottom of this page.
What other information do I need to know?
- Contact Academic Technologies in advance regarding specific equipment availability and specifications.
- Academic Technologies does not warrant or guarantee that third-party audio/video or network devices will be compatible with the equipment reserved.
- This service is intended for credit-generating courses listed in the university Time Schedule and other authorized classroom users as scheduled by Event Services.
- A Husky Card or Technology Key may be required for access to installed classroom technology.
- Equipment reservations must be scheduled at least seven (7) days in advance. Requests submitted less than seven (7) days in advance will be accommodated as availability allows.
- Equipment may be installed in an assigned classroom for the duration of the quarter (restrictions apply, credit-generating courses only).
- All other equipment reservations are made available for customer will call in Kane Hall, Room 035 during normal business hours.
- Equipment will not be delivered.
- Students have additional options available through the Student Technology Loan Program.
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Academic Technologies Help Desk
Email | Web | Phone: 206-221-5000, Option 2
Walk-in Location and Hours
UW Mailbox: 353095