Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Scout™ is an application designed to help students at the University of Washington find campus study spaces, campus food and tech items that meet specific criteria. It is currently available as a mobile-optimized web application that can be accessed from any desktop computer or mobile device.
SpaceScout, the application for finding study spaces, is available as a native iOS application. The SpaceScout web application will be available through fall quarter. As of winter quarter, Scout will replace SpaceScout.
Scout helps you to:
- Find study spaces that meet specific criteria such as lighting, ambient noise, proximity to food and coffee, and availability of amenities such as printers, whiteboards, outlets, etc.
- View spaces on all three UW campuses in advance, right from your desktop or mobile device.
- Keep track of spaces you like and want to visit.
- Find campus food locations that meet specific criteria (all three campuses).
- Find tech items such as tablets, digital cameras, digital video cameras, laptops, data projectors and so on (Seattle campus only).