Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Poll Takers: Responding to Polls
Students and participants can respond to polls via web link, mobile app or text message for certain poll types.
UW-IT recommends using the mobile app for responding to Poll Everywhere polls. You can download the app for your mobile platform here:
Instructions for responding to a poll question using either a web browser/app or via text are included on each poll when displayed. Note: the image below is an example poll, do not respond to “uwadmin”.
- If you are using the Poll Everywhere mobile app, click I’m participating, then enter the name of the poll in the field provided.
- The “PollEv.com” part is already added (examples: biology001 or johnsmith123).
- Recent presentations you have joined will be saved and can be selected from the the list.
- If you are using a web browser, enter the address displayed in your browser address bar (other examples: https://pollev.com/biology001 or https://pollev.com/johnsmith123).
- You must log in to Poll Everywhere with your UW NetID if you are responding via a web browser or the Poll Everywhere Mobile App.
- To respond by text message, you must have registered and certified your phone number with Poll Everywhere. To join a poll, send the presentation’s name (examples: johnsmith123 or biology001) to the number listed. You will receive a message telling you you have joined.