Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Share Recordings in Panopto
If you have created a recording and want to share it, you have three options:
Share the unlisted public URL
- Go to the share settings for the recorded session.
- Select Anyone at your organization with the link or Anyone with the link.
- Copy/paste the session URL. You can also embed Panopto videos into a web page.
Use Panopto share by adding specific UW NetIDs or Panopto Groups
- Go to the session or folder share settings
- Under Invite People, enter the NetID of the person or Panopto group you want to share with and wait for the system to find matches. For individuals, make sure to select the UWNetid\netid option.
- Save your changes.
In your Canvas course, add a new person
You must be a course instructor to add a new person in a Canvas course.
- Under Canvas People, add a new participant. Adding people to your Canvas course will update the Panopto course folder and make sessions available via the Panopto Recordings in the Canvas navigation menu. https://itconnect.uw.edu/learn/tools/canvas/canvas-help-for-instructors/communicating/add-people/