Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Panopto Lecture Capture
Available for : Instructors Students Staff
Panopto is the UW-IT supported lecture capture solution. Panopto allows for easy recording and reviewing of videos from courses, lectures, and presentations. As a cloud-enabled service, Panopto is designed to simplify the lecture capture process. Recordings in Panopto are viewable on most Web browsers and mobile devices. No service fee for eligible users.
Panopto helps you to:
- Record and view lectures and presentations
- Share recordings
- Share recordings in Canvas
- Schedule recordings
- View list of UW Seattle classrooms with Lecture Capture
- Upload recordings
- Add captions to recordings
- Service metrics: see adoption data
- UW Panopto Survey of Instructors and Students, 2016 View/Download Survey Report
Online Help Center:
- Email and phone
- Walk-in: Odegaard building Room 230
Support staff are available during Learning Technology’s Help Desk Hours.
Free workshops offered biweekly. View schedule & register.
Known Issues and System Status:
- May 2017: You cannot upload PowerPoint slide presentations in the HTML editor but can upload them via the advanced editor. This will be fixed in June.
- April 2017: Panopto has fixed bugs in the recorders. Update yours now.
- Solutions, Problems, Bugs
- System Status
Learn more about Panopto from vendor’s Help Center:
- Edit recordings
- Troubleshoot viewing issues
- System Requirements for Creating Recordings on Windows
- Install the Windows Recorder
- Install the Mac Recorder