Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Panopto Lecture Capture
Available for : Instructors Students Staff
Panopto is the UW-IT supported lecture capture solution. Panopto allows for easy recording and reviewing of videos from courses, lectures, and presentations. As a cloud-enabled service, Panopto is designed to simplify the lecture capture process. Recordings in Panopto are viewable on most Web browsers and mobile devices. No service fee for eligible users.
Panopto helps you to:
- Record and view lectures and presentations
- Share recordings
- Share recordings in Canvas
- Schedule recordings
- Use lecture capture in a UW Seattle classroom
- Upload recordings
- Add captions to recordings
Panopto 5.2 release – June 25th
We’re excited to announce a new release of Panopto that makes the video platform even easier to use, personalize, and manage. Headline features include:
- Personal View — We will give UW students, faculty, and staff a personal folder called My Folder that acts as a private sandbox for creating and sharing videos. This, combined with a new Shared with Me view, give users one-click access to the videos that matter most to them.
- Curated Home Page — Panopto 5.2 includes a new YouTube-like homepage.
- HTML5 Video Editor — This rebuilt editor allows you to trim your videos, edit metadata, change thumbnails, perform secondary camera switching, and more without the need for Silverlight or Flash.
Can’t find the feature you need? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Help Center:
- Email and phone
- Walk-in: Odegaard building Room 230
Support staff are available during Learning Technology’s Help Desk Hours.
Free workshops offered biweekly. View schedule & register.
Known Issues and System Status:
Learn more about Panopto from vendor’s Help Center:
- Edit recordings
- Troubleshoot viewing issues
- System Requirements for Creating Recordings on Windows
- Install the Windows Recorder
- Install the Mac Recorder