Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Panopto Lecture Capture
Available for : Instructors Students Staff
Panopto is the UW-IT supported lecture capture solution. Panopto allows for easy recording and reviewing of videos from courses, lectures, and presentations. As a cloud-enabled service, Panopto is designed to simplify the lecture capture process. Recordings in Panopto are viewable on most Web browsers and mobile devices. No service fee for eligible users.
Panopto helps you to:
- Record and view lectures and presentations
- Share recordings
- Share recordings in Canvas
- Schedule recordings
- Use lecture capture in a UW Seattle classroom
- Upload recordings
- Add captions to recordings
December 17th Panopto 5.3 release key features:
- Quizzing — Instructors can add multiple choice, multi-select, and true/false questions into any video using the Panopto editor. Viewers can take quizzes in the interactive player, and instructors can access real-time reports of all responses.
- Captions — Recording creators can access Panopto’s machine-generated speech-to-text captions and modify them in the video editor. In addition, users can customize the color, size, and position of captions during playback.
Can’t find the feature you need? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Help Center:
- Email and phone
- Walk-in: Odegaard building Room 230
Support staff are available during Learning Technology’s Help Desk Hours.
Free workshops offered biweekly. View schedule & register.
Known Issues and System Status:
- On macOS Sierra (version 10.12), if Keynote Capture is checked, recordings will not successfully upload. To resolve this issue, install the latest release of Panopto for Mac (v5.3.0).
- Solutions, Problems, Bugs
- System Status
Learn more about Panopto from vendor’s Help Center:
- Edit recordings
- Troubleshoot viewing issues
- System Requirements for Creating Recordings on Windows
- Install the Windows Recorder
- Install the Mac Recorder