Need more information about the Managed Workstation service? Read more about the service design, how to keep informed, and how managed workstations can be the right choice for you.
Joining the Managed Workstation Service
Need an introduction to the Managed Workstation service? You’ll find a high-level introduction to what the service provides here. If you’re interested in learning more about the associated rates or joining the Managed Workstation service that information is available in the UW-IT Service Catalog.
Visit the MWS Service Catalog Entry
The following documents reflect our service design, informing you of what you can expect and the boundaries of what we provide.
- What’s Included in the Rate See our guide that explains what is included in the Managed Workstation rate, some background, and what is billable at an hourly consulting rate.
- OS Lifecycle Support How MWS determines what operating systems are supported and where they are in their lifecycle.
- Exchange Support More information on Exchange Support and what we provide.
- Capability map A high-level summary of the business capabilities provided by MWS, along with intended future enhancements
- Firewalls and MWS Guideline for implementing external firewall requirements with your Managed Workstation
- Security Design How MWS has incorporated computer security into its service design
- Leaving MWS Information about migrating your machines and data out of MWS
- Customer Accounts Formerly known as “Departments”, each Managed Workstation customer has a customer account.
- Contact Roles How to utilize the contact roles that come with each customer account
- Default Budgets How to set the default budgets for charges incurred to your customer account
- UW-IT MWS Customer Account Practices Details about how MWS manages customer accounts for UW-IT units.
Staying Up to Date
- Staying in touch See our guide to various communication we provide
- Recent News Recent news and announcements from the service