Each MWS customer account must have at least one contact in these four defined roles:
- Owner contact – this person is considered authoritative for all aspects of your customer account
- Billing contact – this person has some budget responsibility within your organization and is authorized to view and request changes to billing information
- Technical contact – this person has technical responsibility within your organization
- Alternate technical contact – this person also has some technical responsibility within your organization
The Managed Workstation service has expectations of people assigned these roles. Collectively, the people filling these roles must:
- Ensure that eligibility groups are updated to reflect organizational staffing changes
- Ensure that budgets used for billable MWS services are correct
- Ensure that contacts and contact information is up-to-date
- Ensure notifications from the MWS service are communicated to your organization, when appropriate.
- NOTE: we recommend all contacts subscribe to the mws-announce mailing list.
- Represent your organization’s needs from the Managed Workstation service
- Ensure that appropriate resolutions are taken when the Managed Workstation identifies problems specific to your organization’s use of Managed Workstation
- Advise your organization about Managed Workstation capabilities available to them