Technical information for advanced users and workstation managers.
Setting Up and Managing a Managed Workstation
- Ordering Laptop and Desktop Computers More information about how to order new managed workstation.
- Autopilot How to use Autopilot to image and domain-join your Managed Workstation both on and off-campus.
- OSD Image Installation A step-by-step guide on how to use the OSD tool to image your machine.
- Software Images Learn more about the Software Images installed by OSD or how to request your own
- Enabling Secure Boot How to enable Secure Boot on your new workstation
- Joining to the NetID Domain Instructions for joining your workstation to the MWS Delegated OU on the NetID Domain.
- Software Packages Information about adding software packages to Software Center
- Adding Administrators Learn about our administrator policies and how to add administrative access on a Managed Workstation.
- Computer Repairs What to do when a Managed Workstation needs repair.
- Computer Warranty Lookup How to determine if your Managed Workstation is still under a manufacturer’s warranty.
- Removing a Computer from MWS Information about removing a Managed Workstation from the domain and from MWS Billing.
Setting Up and Managing Your Customer Account
- Creating a New MWS Customer Account How to add a new customer account (formerly known as a Department) to MWS
- MWS Eligibility Groups Every customer account needs at least one eligibility group
- Adding a New User How to add a new user to your customer account.
- Removing Users from MWS Service What to do when you need to remove a user from your customer account.
- File Storage Strategy Information to help you choose which online file storage system is best for your team.
Managing Your Billing
- Billing How to add a new customer account to MWS
- myIT More information about myIT, an online tool that allows customers to manage billing and account information on a self-service basis.
- Exchange/Outlook Resource Calendars How to request the creation of a new resource calendar in Exchange
- Provision your Shared UW NetID for Exchange How to get your shared netid provisioned to exchange and added as a second account to Outlook
- Common Problems and Solutions for Sharing E-mails Solutions for sharing an e-mail account, either among members of a team or to a delegate.
- Last Pass Information about using and enabling LastPass, a secure password manager, and sharing passwords among your team
- Other Resources and IT help Other resources that can help provide IT Support for your non-MWS issues.