OneDrive for Business is a UW Office 365 cloud service that connects you to all your files. It lets you store and protect your files, share them with others, and get to them from anywhere on all your devices.
Please note: While OneDrive for Business integrates with other UW Office 365 services, the service is designed as an individual file collaboration solution. For those in need of a platform designed for collaborating on files with a group of people, please see the UW 365 Office Collaboration Services page for more options.
Store and share files
- Store up to 5TB of data in the cloud
- 250GB maximum file size
- HIPAA and FERPA compatible
- Share files with UW users (a UW NetID is required, more below)
Access and synchronize files easily
- Access files using Web browsers or mobile devices
- Access files directly from Microsoft Office desktop applications (with appropriate client software installed)
- Synchronize files in UW OneDrive for Business to your computer
- Synchronize files in SharePoint Online document libraries to your computer
Service restrictions and limitations
External Sharing is disabled on UW OneDrive for Business accounts, which means you will not be able to share files outside of the UW, i.e. with individuals with a non-UW email address. This restriction was implemented after careful consideration of the risks and challenges associated with monitoring the potential sharing of sensitive information (e.g. HIPAA-regulated data) outside of the UW using OneDrive for Business.
If you’d like to utilize a similar platform and share with external users, you can request a UW SharePoint Online site collection with external sharing enabled.
Click here to request a UW SharePoint Online site collection.
UW-IT is unable to provide individual or group training on how to use OneDrive for Business. However, Microsoft provides an excellent help and learning portal and training videos: