- Your UW Gmail address, username, and password
- Forward your email to UW Gmail
- Start using UW Gmail
- Expiration of UW Gmail
The format of your username and email address is:
your-UWNetID@uw.edu (Where your-UWNetID is replaced with your own personal UW NetID)
Your password is the one associated with your UW NetID.
Email will not be delivered to your UW Gmail mailbox automatically. If you’d like to use UW Gmail, you’ll need to activate your UW Google account and then point your email forwarding to UW Gmail using these instructions.
- Activate your UW Google account.
- Open the page Change UW Email forwarding.
- Select the button to the left of Forward to UW G Suite.
- Click OK.
- Note that it may take up 2 hours for your UW email forwarding change to take effect.
In a browser
Google allows you to access UW Gmail using only a browser. No other client software is needed. This is the quickest and easiest method for connecting to UW Gmail.
Set up an email client
Some users prefer access their UW Gmail in an email client.
UW Gmail, as part of UW Google, is available to current staff, faculty, and students. If you’d like to provision (i.e. provide) access to UW Google for another UW NetID, click here. If you depart the UW, your UW Google account & data will be deleted according to this timeline.