In order to be supported for UW Office 365 Exchange Online, all members of a UW group must be Exchange-enabled, which includes all UW Groups and all members of all of those groups. At UW, this means UW NetIDs must be provisioned for UW Office 365 and the UW Groups involved must be Exchange-enabled.
Although there may be some features of Exchange Online that work without all the UW groups and users enabled for services, it is not “expected“ to work nor supported in that state. Having the proper Exchange-specific properties populated on objects is an essential element needed for Exchange Online services to work.
- Go to groups.uw.edu and log in using your personal UW NetID and password.
- In the top left corner of the page, click Create a group.
- Fill in the required details of your group.
- After filling all the required details, click Create group.
- Next, click Applications.
- Click Edit.
- Click the drop down box under Exchange Email and select Active.
- Optional – If you also want to use the group as an email distribution list, then select your Authorized Senders and enter the individual(s) or (previously Exchange-enabled) group(s) which should be allowed to send to the group/list.
- Select Update Exchange settings.