To move a folder from one Google Drive location to another (e.g., Google Drive “My Drive” -> Shared Drive, Shared Drive -> Google Drive “My Drive”, or Shared Drive -> Shared Drive), you must have Manager level access to the folder.
How to move a folder in Google Drive
- Select the folder you wish to move.
- From the context menu that appears, click on the Move to folder icon.
- Alternatively, click the stacked trio dots to the right of the selected folder and choose Move to from the options.
- Choose the location from the list that appears and select Move.
- NOTE: If the location you wish to move the folder to is not displayed, select the All locations tab and then choose the location.
Click here for more information from Google on moving files & folders into Shared Drives.
If you need further assistance, please contact UW-IT at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-221-5000.