To move a folder from one Google Drive location to another (e.g., Google Drive “My Drive” -> Shared Drive, Shared Drive -> Google Drive “My Drive”, or Shared Drive -> Shared Drive), you must have Manager level access to the folder.
How to move a folder in Google Drive
- Select the folder you wish to move.
- From the context menu that appears, click on the Move folder icon.
- Alternatively, click the stacked trio dots to the right of the selected folder and choose Organize–>Move from the options.
- Choose the location from the list that appears and select Move.
- NOTE: If the location you wish to move the folder to is not displayed, select the All locations tab and then choose the location.
If you need further assistance, please contact UW-IT at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-221-5000.