- Requesting a Shared Drive
- Shared Drive Deletion Policy
- Important Details
Google Shared Drives are available to UW employees who take active responsibility for managing data, access, and providing funding information when required. Shared Drives up to 100 GB of storage are subsidized by UW-IT. Shared Drives larger than the subsidized 100 GB quota are available through our recharge service outlined below.
At this time, there are no limits to the number of 100 GB Shared Drives a UW employee can create. However, be advised that reporting will be utilized to determine if an obvious case of circumventing the intent of the service design and pricing model structure is occurring once instated.
Yearly attestations will be enforced for every Shared Drive created —no bulk attestations allowed.
The UW Google service team reserves the right to invalidate service if misuse of this subsidized tier is determined.
Beginning July 2024, a recharge structure for Shared Drives will be implemented. A yearly reevaluation cycle will be used to address changes in cost from Google and operations.
Estimated Pricing for 2024/2025
|Google Shared Drive Size||Price / year|
|100 GB||Subsidized by UW-IT|
|Custom (Over 1 TB)||Via UW Connect service request, cost of storage + $148.13 setup fee|
UW employees can submit the form below to create a 100 GB Shared Drive:
If you need a Shared Drive larger than the default, subsidized 100 GB offering:
- Fill out the Shared Drive request form above
- Once the Shared Drive has been created, email email@example.com with the following information:
- EMAIL SUBJECT: “Increase Google Shared Drive storage quota”
- The name of the Shared Drive
- The size of the desired storage quota (200 GB – 1 TB OR custom/over 1 TB)
- Funding source/worktags
- The statement:
- “I acknowledge that a larger Shared Drive will require a recharge service (i.e., funding) in the future. I understand that if I am unable to fund the larger Shared Drive storage quota in the future and storage is not reduced below 100 GB, the Shared Drive will be deleted.”
Please review the Shared Drive deletion policy.
Please review the main Shared Drive page for additional details and guidance on Shared Drives at the UW.
If you need further assistance, please contact UW-IT at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-221-5000.