On This Page
- Organization Dynamics Support Groups (ODSG)
- Dynamics 365 features available for request
- Dynamics 365 services explicitly not offered
- Purchasing Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 features of UW Office 365 are available to departments and organizations via a separately purchased license. Once purchased, these licenses are available to add to UW NetIDs that have been enabled with the UW Office 365 core offering. Once added, Dynamics 365 features are supported by UW-IT on a minimal viable basis, with new requested services added as business requirements are defined, and UW-IT resources allow.
An Organization Dynamics Support Group (ODSG) is required before purchasing and implementing Dynamics 365. The ODSG will be responsible for supporting the Dynamics 365 instance.
- Creation of new Sandbox and Production Dynamics CRM instances
- Verify license(s) have been acquired
- Verify name(s) are available
- Add initial system admin account(s)
- Set access limitation group (optional)
- Adding licenses to users
- Recover from backup
- Verify an instance system admin is requesting the change and subsequent potential deletion of data
- Exchange integration requests
- Verify that at least one instance system admin approves
- Verify that the owner of the target mailbox approves
- Enable the integration
- Trial licenses and trial instances
- Log analysis and investigation of user activity
- Partner of Record designation
- Management and reconfiguration of roles on an instance
UW-IT reserves the default storage data allocated to Dynamics in the UW Office 365 tenant as a buffer for unexpected use. As a result, along with standard Dynamics 365 user licenses, organizations are also required to purchase additional log and file data quota to run their instance.
To initiate a Dynamics 365 license purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org.