Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Leverage High Performance Computing services for your research
- High Performance Computing – Powerful technology tools to help UW researchers do their work.
- Shared Scalable Compute Cluster for Research (Hyak) – Hyak is a large, shared, HPC cluster dedicated to research computing at the UW.
- Data Archives – The Lolo Archive filesystem provide data archiving services for UW researchers.
- Data Backups – UW-IT offers a data backup service, complimenting the Lolo Archives.
- High Speed Research Network (HSRN) – Connecting UW-IT’s compute and storage resources is a 100Gbs network.
- Data Transfer Node – The lolo Collaboration filesystem provides fast, large-scale storage situation in the Science DMZ.
- Server Co-location – For researchers deploying resources outside Hyak and Lolo, UW-IT offers co-location options.
- SQLShare – A database-as-a-service platform designed to facilitate data sharing and collaborative analysis
- IT Consulting – UW-IT offers a wide variety of consulting services.
- UW Research – One central site connecting you to research procedures, policies and services
- Researcher’s Guide — One-stop shopping for the UW grants process
- New to UW Research — Resources for people new to doing research at the UW
- Research Offices & Institutes – A directory maintained by UW Research
- Office of Research Information Services – Managing a system to procure and administer research grants and contracts
- SAGE – Use the System to Administer Grants Electronically (SAGE) to route, review, submit, and track researching funding proposals
- eScience Institute – Supporting data-driven discovery in all fields
- UW Libraries Research Databases – Access to a large number of research journals and publications
- Data Management Guide – A UW Libraries guide to resources related to the many aspects of research data management