Zoom offers three options for scheduling Zoom meetings on behalf of others, when you won’t be attending the meeting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a demo from UW Learning Technologies.
Option 1: Set up a Zoom Meeting Room
- Meetings are displayed on an iPad in the meeting room.
- To launch the meeting, attendees simply press start meeting on the iPad.
- Wirelessly share your screen with everyone in the meeting.
- Meeting can be recorded.
- Host does not need to log in or use a computer to start the meeting.
- Read more about scheduling
Option 2: Use Zoom’s Scheduling Privilege feature
Scheduling privilege is designed so:
- You can assign a user or multiple users in your account to schedule meetings on your behalf.
- You can also schedule meetings on behalf of a user (or multiple users) that has assigned you scheduling privilege.
- Users with Scheduling Privilege on your account will be able to manage and act as an alternative host for all meetings.
- The meeting host can record the meeting.
- Both the assigned scheduler and the meeting host must have a Zoom Licensed account.
- Get two UW Zoom host accounts: one for scheduler, the other for the meeting host (host actually attending the meeting)
- Set up Zoom scheduling privilege feature on the meeting host account. Learn more
- Meeting scheduler logs into Zoom, schedules a meeting on behalf of meeting host.
- Meeting scheduler sends Zoom meeting link to meeting attendees and meeting host.
- From the room where the meeting will occur, meeting host logs into their Zoom Licensed account and starts the meeting.
- Meeting participants click the meeting link to join the meeting. Meeting participants do NOT need a Zoom Licensed account.
- When switching between the UW Zoom HIPAA and Standard accounts, you will lose Scheduling Privilege stored in your user account.
Option 3: Enable Zoom’s Join Before Host feature
Join before host allows attendees to join the meeting before the host joins or when the host cannot attend the meeting.
Note: If the host does not join the meeting, there are no host controls such as recording, mute/unmute all, lock meeting or expel attendees.