- On This Page
- HuskyTV Upgrades
- About HuskyTV
- Streaming HuskyTV with Showtime Anytime
- Channel Listing
- Showtime Anytime
- Husky TV Digital Q&A
- HuskyTV Help
See current rates in the UW-IT Service Catalog.
HuskyTV is the cable and streaming TV service for the UW Seattle campus. It offers more than 100 channels of digital TV, 80 channels of live streaming TV, a cloud-based Digital Video Recorder (DVR) access to Showtime Anytime (coming soon) and other services. HuskyTV is available to subscribers on the UW Seattle campus, including most students in Housing & Food Services (HFS) residence halls. HuskyTV also provides service to classrooms, offices, the Intramural Activities buildings, and other locations across campus.
UW staff and departments interested in subscribing to HuskyTV, with streaming and Showtime Anytime, should visit the UW-IT Service Catalog.
HuskyTV service, including the streaming service for students is provided by HFS as a benefit to living on campus. Students who do not live in an HFS facility on campus are not currently eligible for service.
Streaming HuskyTV With Showtime Anytime
Streaming HuskyTV brings TV’s best news, sports, education and entertainment, streamed live to your Web browser, mobile or streaming device (Compatible devices) , anywhere on the Seattle campus. Streaming HuskyTV, powered by Apogee, also offers the ability to pause, record, and playback shows with the built-in online DVR. Anyone subscribing to HuskyTV can take advantage of this new streaming service by visiting webplayer.mystream2.com.
For help in setting up HuskyTV on a Streaming Media Player, please see the web page How to set up MyStream2 on streaming media player.
For details on how subscribe to HuskyTV, with streaming and Showtime Anytime, go to the UW-IT Service Catalog.
- Follow these steps to set up Showtime Anytime:
- 1. Go to
- 2. Select “Log In” from the top right corner
- 3. SELECT “Apogee” from the lit of “All providers”.
- 4. Enter your institution’s name and click “Log In to Showtime Anytime”
- 5. Enter your UW NetID and password
- While you will always user your UW credentials to log into the site,
- the first time you log in you will be asked to register a Showtime Anytime account.
HuskyTV Digital Q&A
- Q: What is HuskyTV Digital?
- A: HuskyTV digital is a cable TV service that offers all-digital channels with better picture and sound, more channels, and more channels in HD and paves the way for some exciting new services.
- Q: What are some of the highlights of the programming changes?
- A: HuskyTV now offers 109 (80 streaming) channels of news, education, and sports and entertainment, many in HD. The lineup now offers dedicated sports channels, including ESPN and PAC-12 Washington in HD. Other HD channels include TNT, USA, ABC Family, Discovery, four Showtime channels, and the local network affiliates.
- Q: Will my existing TV work with the new HuskyTV?
- A: You need a TV with a digital tuner. Most TVs purchased in the last 4-5 years should work well.
- Q: How can I tell if I have a digital TV that will work with HuskyTV.
- A: Most wide, flat screen TVs support digital as do most TVs that were made since 2008. Most of the big, tube-style TVs do not support digital (though there are a few that support HD; those will likely work). The TV remote also has a clue as to whether your set supports digital. If the remote has a period or dash near the numbers, it is very likely to work. This is because digital channels have a decimal point in the channel number (e.g., “5.1” is a digital channel). The dash is sometimes used instead of a period on the remote control.
- Q: I am still unable to receive a signal and I think I have a digital TV. What should I do?
- Check your TV programming to ensure that you have selected a digital signal versus standard cable.
- Re-run the channel scan/programming setup feature on your TV after ensuring digital signal reception.
- Confirm that your TV does not have a separate connection point for digital versus standard cable signal.
- Q: My TV isn’t digital, so what do I do?
- A: To continue to use HuskyTV after the upgrade, you will need to either purchase a digital tuner or upgrade your TV. If you have an older analog TV, it is often more cost effective to purchase a new TV (starting at $100 for a 19″) versus a $125 digital tuner for your old TV.
Most digital converter boxes at places like Radio Shack or Fred Meyer will NOT work with digital cable signals. You need to have a converter that says that it supports “clear QAM”, “QAM” or “unencrypted digital cable.” HuskyTV has tested one made by Channel Master. There may be other converters that work and other places to buy the Channel Master, but we have not tested them.
- Q: I have a TiVo and it doesn’t seem to work, what should I do?
- A: TiVo has notified HuskyTV that they do not fully support unencrypted digital cable in their boxes. We have notified TiVo of the new HuskyTV channel list, but they indicate that they cannot support the period in the channel guide. We have not been able to confirm this directly, but there are a lot of support questions on the Internet that indicate these types of problems.
- Q: Can I get an online guide of what is showing on HuskyTV?
- A: Yes! Several online guides and mobile apps contain information about HuskyTV. Links to these guides can be found in the HuskyTV Channels and Guides section of this page.
- Q: Why don’t Shared NetIDs work with MyStream2?
- A: Shared NetIDs don’t have all the attributes associated with them that MyStream2 requires. We recommend using an individual NetID instead.
- Q: What if I still have questions?
- A: Most questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-221-5000.
For information regarding HuskyTV or to report problems with your service, please contact the UW Technology Service Center at 206-221-5000.
For help with Streaming HuskyTV, including MyStream2 and Showtime Anytime, please visit http://help.mystream2.com .
Students experiencing problems with their cable jack, wiring or other problems in their room should first call HFS Facilities at 206-543-4017 during business hours.