Effective August 26, 2020, meeting hosts will be able to give participants the ability to change their display name in meetings and webinars. In addition to changing their name, this also allows participants to display their personal pronouns. This setting can be turned on for all of your meetings, or on a per meeting basis.
Allow participants to rename themselves in all your meetings
- Log in to your Zoom account at https://washington.zoom.us.
- In the left sidebar, click Settings.
- Under Meetings, click In Meeting (Advanced).
- Scroll up to Allow participants to rename themselves (two settings above In Meeting Advanced).
- On the right, toggle on the setting. Participants in any meeting you now schedule will be able to rename themselves.
Allow participants to rename themselves, one meeting at a time
- In your active meeting, in the toolbar below the screen, click Participants.
- At the bottom of the participants window, click More.
- Hover your cursor over Allow participants to rename themselves. When you see the blue highlight, click the text. A checkmark will appear next to the text indicating that the feature is turned on. Your meeting participants can now rename themselves.