For non-urgent assistance, send email to email@example.com. Prompt routing is improved if the subject line contains key words about what you need assistance with like Microsoft Infrastructure, MI, NETID domain, delegated OU, DFS, et cetera.
If you need urgent assistance regardless of UW-IT Service Center hours, then call 206-221-5000. They have the ability to contact engineers and/or escalate to the UW-IT duty manager. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, but you may not get as quick of a response.
Staying in Touch
There are two ways to stay in touch:
- Via two mailing lists listed below. You passively receive emails with relevant information. You choose how much information based on whether you join just the announce mailing list or both lists.
- Via news posts which are child pages of this page. You actively visit this page to review information.
All notifications to the mi-announce mailing list also will have a child page created here.
- mi-announce: This mailing list is a one-way communication medium. We send customers notifications about service design changes, possibly impactful events, and other key information.
- mi-discuss: This mailing list is a two-way communication medium. Customers can ask questions and discuss topics related to the Microsoft Infrastructure service. Service team members participate and contribute.
To subscribe to either of these mailing lists:
- Click on the link above
- Click on the “Log in” button
- After logging in, click the “Subscribe” button. If you do not see a “Subscribe” button, then you probably are already a member of the list (if you see a “Unsubscribe or edit options” button, then you are already a member).
NOTE: To unsubscribe, follow the same instructions, but in step #3, choose Unsubscribe.