Windows Autopilot allows you to reset, repurpose and recover devices.
Windows Autopilot Reset removes personal files, apps, and settings and reapplies a device’s original settings, maintaining its identity connection to Entra ID and its management connection to Intune so that the device is once again ready for use. The Autopilot Reset process automatically retains information from the existing device:
- Set the region, language, and keyboard to the originally-configured values.
- Wi-Fi connection details.
- Provisioning packages previously applied to the device, as well as a provisioning package present on a USB drive when the reset process is initiated.
- Azure Active Directory device membership and MDM enrollment information.
When Autopilot reset is used on a device, the device’s primary user will be removed. The next user who signs in after the reset will be set as the primary user.
If you are interested in resetting devices to Autopilot please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Existing devices can be repurposed to Autopilot. Repurposing existing devices to Autopilot enables usage of Autopilot specific features on the device.
If you are interested in repurposing devices to Autopilot please email email@example.com.
Fresh Start can be used to remove any apps that are installed on an Autopilot managed PC. Device user data can be retained to:
- Keep the device Entra ID joined
- Device is enrolled into mobile device management again when an Azure Active Directory enabled user signs into the device.
- Keep the contents of the device user’s Home folder
- Apps and settings will be removed using this option.
If you are interested in recovering devices to Autopilot please email firstname.lastname@example.org.