The UW Office of Information Security develops and facilitates University-wide information security policies and has published the Information Security Guideline to help UW organizations comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Policies represent rules that are published in the UW policy directory.
- Standards explain and elaborate on the rule or policy.
- Guidelines are recommendations, advice, or procedures that help explain how University rules and policies are implemented.
UW Administrative Policy Statements
- APS 2.4 Information Security and Privacy: Roles, Responsibilities, and Definitions
- APS 2.5 Information Security and Privacy: Incident Reporting and Management
- APS 2.6 Information Security Controls and Operational Practices
Security Advisory Board
The Security Advisory Board makes recommendations related to policies, standards, and guidelines.