Maintaining payment security is required for all entities that store, process, or transmit cardholder data. Guidance for maintaining payment security is provided in PCI security standards. These set the technical and operational requirements for organizations accepting or processing payment transactions, and for software developers and manufacturers of applications and devices used in those transactions.
Payment Card Acceptance at the UW
- Any office, unit, department, or organization wishing to accept payment cards must open a merchant account through Merchant Services.
- All University merchants are required to comply with and support PCI data security standards.
- All University merchants are required to comply with Merchant Services policies and procedures.
- All University merchants are required to use Merchant Services preferred providers and tools for card transactions.
- Merchant Services must approve any exemption to the above requirements.