If you have ever signed a DocuSign form here at the University of Washington, you already have a “UW Signers” profile in DocuSign. It is created automatically the first time you sign an envelope in DocuSign and facilitates your completion of that form with our Single Sign-On using your UW NetID.
Permissions are only limited to being able to sign envelopes that are sent to you.
- Sending envelopes: You cannot use a UW Signers account to send envelopes or use any other parts of DocuSign.
- If you log in to DocuSign and see that you have an account, but are unable to send an envelope, you likely have not had a department-specific account set up for you OR,
- If you have had such an account set up, you need to switch over to your departmental profile which will have additional permissions. See how to switch profiles here.
- If you need permission to send envelopes but do not have an account, reach out to your team’s Delegated Administrator, who will be able to set one up for you.
- Delegated Administrator access: If you are looking to become a Delegated Administrator for your team, you can fill out an eSignatures Interest Form to begin the process.
To learn more about signing documents, check out the materials below:
- What does it mean to be a Signer?
- DocuSign Account Tour
- DocuSign Signer Overview
Basic Signing eLearning
- DocuSign Signing Email Notification
- Signing with Signature and Initials Only
- Signing and Filling out Forms
- Approving or Declining a Document During Signing
Signing Security eLearning
- Understanding Security for Signers
Advanced Signing Options
Signing Options eLearning
- Uploading an Attachment During Signing
- Declining to Sign
- Finish Signing Later
- Signing on Paper
- Offline Signing
- Assign Signing to Another Recipient
- Freeform Signing