The most common level of permissions for a DocuSign user here at the University of Washington is a UW Sender with templates. In this role, you are able to:
- Create and send envelopes,
- Use envelope templates that have been created by your team’s Delegated Administrator(s) and shared with you, and
- Manage your sent envelopes.
The ability to create templates and manage users is reserved for Delegated Administrators. There will be cases where your team may have set you up as a sender without the ability to use templates, which may be necessary depending on your team’s use cases for DocuSign.
If you have questions on your permissions, you can consult with your team’s Delegated Administrator, and if you’re ever unsure who that person might be or have more in-depth questions about a process in DocuSign, reach out to the eSignatures team and we will assist you.
DocuSign provides a lot of great tools for getting started with your experience creating and sending envelopes, which are linked below:
- DocuSign Account Tour
- DocuSign Life Cycle
- Overview of a Sending Transaction
Sending: Without a Template
Basic Sending eLearning
- Uploading Documents to Send
- Establishing Recipients and Workflow
- Adding Messaging and Personal Notes
How do I send a document?
Sending: With a Template
Send Using a Template eLearning
- Using Templates
- Use a Template from your Template Folder
- Use Multiple Templates in One Transaction
How do I create and use templates?
How do I match a new template to a previously uploaded template?
Managing Sent Envelopes
Managing Sent Envelopes eLearning
- Envelope Management Overview
- Folder Management
- Correcting In-Progress Transactions
How do I manage sent documents?
How do I correct documents I sent?
Report Generation eLearning
- Using Standard Reports
- Creating a Custom Report
Advanced Sending: Fields and Labels
Using Document Labels eLearning
- Understanding Fields and Labels when Sending
Advanced Sending: Bulk Sending
Bulk Sending eLearning
- Sending Using Bulk Send Overview
- Preparing the Bulk Send CSV File
- Preparing a Document for Bulk Send Recipients
- Using a Template with Bulk Send