The Document Management System (DMS) enables your department to ensure compliance, security, and longevity of UW business records while offering increased efficiency and efficacy to our partners.
Document Management System (DMS) use cases
The Document Management System (DMS), powered by DocFinity, provides a platform that enables UW departments to:
- Manage electronic records: Securely store, retrieve, and view electronic content.
- Standardize metadata: Define consistent, searchable metadata to assist in managing documents.
- Simplify Records Management processes: Automatically comply with UW Records Management policies by setting retention periods on documents. Easily search, identify, and hold records responsive to public records requests, litigation, and audit.
- Store scanned documents: Digitize and store documents with high volume scanning capabilities.
- Integrate through APIs: Public facing web services facilitate integration with business applications.
- Retain electronically signed documents: Optional integration between the eSignatures service (powered by DocuSign) and the Document Management System (DocFinity) enables the seamless storage, retrieval and viewing of electronically signed documents.
Send questions directly to our team at DMS Support. Our business hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm PST.