New changes are coming to the “University of Washington” Wi-Fi network. As part of our ongoing efforts to enhance our wireless network and provide you with a better online experience, we will implement changes to the “University of Washington” wireless networks to provide easier guest access to non-UW patrons and onboarding assistance for eduroam.
Ways to connect
Network access disabled? If your computer is associated with software piracy, has been hijacked by someone else, or is being used to send spam email, UW Information Technology (UW-IT) may disable its access to the Internet (sites within UW should still be accessible). If your computer is causing disruption to other users on campus then network access will be completely disabled. If your computer appears to be disabled, see the Disabled Network Service page for instructions.
Campus Networking Services
- UW network connectivity
- Basic network connectivity services and additional service options are described on the Data Networks in the UW-IT Service Catalog.
- Network Addressing
- Information on network addressing on campus and its administration is available on the Network Addressing at the UW page.
- Private address routing
- Need a subnet that is not accessible from outside UW? See Private Address Routing on Campus for more information.
- Planning construction and renovation?
- Planning some construction or renovation work in your office or building? Such projects often affect communications services. Please contact UW-IT Communications Infrastructure by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can assess any impact your planned work may have.
- Questions about your existing service?
- Do you have questions about your current voice, data, or Wi-Fi service? Would you like to explore options for additional connectivity? For an infrastructure evaluation, immediate service concerns, or activations, please contact UW-IT by sending email to email@example.com.