About UW Mailman
UW Mailman is a Web-based email distribution list manager that allows list owners to create and modify email lists for their classes or for discussion among subscribers. No service fee for eligible users.
Updated timeline for release of Mailman 3
We expect to be moving to the new version of Mailman during autumn 2023 and winter 2024. As we learn more, we will continue to update this page.
We will also communicate with Mailman list owners and administrators to let you know when lists will be moved and any action you need to take. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Mailman 3 release” in the subject line for a quicker response.
UW Mailman helps you to:
- Disseminate information to a group of subscribers efficiently
- Create a group discussion email list for your course
- Create and modify lists easily as well as add and remove subscribers
- Control who can subscribe and post, and moderate postings
- Modify list subscriptions and preferences easily
- Automatically archive email to subscribers
Online help center:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Owners and Moderators Guide
- Configure a List
- Subscribers Guide
Request forms and help
- Standard Mailman List Request
- Class Mailman List Request (Instructors of record, use MyUW.)
- Delete a Mailman List
- Mailman Request Form Help
Note: these forms do not work with Internet Explorer versions 9 and earlier. Either use another browser, or email your list request to email@example.com.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (206) 221-5000, option 0.