Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Import & Export Calendar Events
You can import events from another calendar system into your UW Event Calendar. You can also export events from your UW Event Calendar to another calendar system.
To import events into the UW Event Calendar from other calendar systems, follow these steps:
- Review the Trumba help “Import Events” at http://www.trumba.com/help/import/import1.aspx for information about preparing events for export.
- Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, asking to have a “migrated events” sub-calendar created for you. In the subject line, enter “Import Into Trumba Calendar.”
- Once you have the sub-calendar, go to your old calendar system and follow that program’s steps for exporting an .ics file.
- In the UW Event Calendar, on the left side of the screen, under Calendar Tasks, click Import Calendar Events.
- Verify that the imported events appear as you want them to and make any necessary changes to field values (e.g., choose appropriate Event Types). If you want, you can move the verified events from the Migrated sub-calendar onto your main calendar.
To export events from your UW Event Calendar
See How to Export Trumba Calendars: http://www.trumba.com/help/export.aspx#toexport.