Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Mailman email list manager
Available for : Instructors Students Staff
UW Mailman is a Web-based email distribution list manager that allows list owners to create and modify email lists for their classes or for discussion among subscribers. No service fee for eligible users.
UW Mailman helps you to:
- Disseminate information to a group of subscribers efficiently
- Create group discussion email list for your course
- Automatically archive email to subscribers
- Create and modify lists easily as well as add and remove subscribers
- Control who can subscribe and post, and moderate postings
- Modify list subscriptions and preferences easily
Online Help Center:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Owners and Moderators Guide
- List configuration options
- Subscriber’s Guide
Request Forms and Help
- Standard Mailman List Request
- Class Mailman List Request (Instructors of record, use MyUW.)
- Delete a Mailman List
- Mailman Request Form Help
Note: these forms do not work with Internet Explorer versions 9 and earlier. Either use another browser, or email your list request to email@example.com.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (206)221-5000, option 2. Mon – Fri 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.