Access to Systems, Tools, Resources and Applications
ASTRA Login By Environment
ASTRA is an access management service that stores authorization information about who can use a variety of UW administrative applications and other resources. Learn about ASTRA 2.1 automated deprovisioning, now being adopted by several applications.
Applications that use ASTRA for access management include:
- Research applications: SAGE, GCCR, etc.
- Student applications: Canvas, DeptTools, EARS, etc.
- Financial applications: MyFD, eProcurement, eTravel, eFECS, TeamBudget, ProCard, etc.
- Business Web Services: SWS, PWS, FWS, HRPWS, IdCardWS, etc.
- Workflows: Tuition Change, Supplier Registration
- Enterprise Data Warehouse, SMAT
Authorizations in ASTRA define limits on:
- Application roles (analyst, payroll coordinator, approver, etc.)
- Application actions (update, inquiry, etc.)
- Application limit restrictions (budgets, organization codes, dollar limits, FacNum, etc.)
People log in to the ASTRA Web interface to:
- Delegate their authority to others to manage authorizations
- Authorize others to use applications by creating authorizations
- Review, update, and delete authorizations for audit compliance
- Search for people with authority to delegate or authorize access
Applications integrate with ASTRA by a three-step process:
- Defining a schema in ASTRA for roles, actions, and limits
- Enabling Delegators and Authorizers to manage authorizations in ASTRA
- Consuming ASTRA authorization data to enforce access control policies