Got a new phone (or other device)? When you change or lose your 2FA device, you will need to configure a new one to ensure you can continue to use 2FA. If you still have the old device, you can access “Device Options” at identity.uw.edu/2fa and enroll a new device directly.
Set up a replacement smartphone to continue using Duo Mobile
If you replaced or factory reset your phone, you can use the instructions below to configure the Duo application on your new phone as long as you maintain the same phone number. For cases where you have a new number or are not using a smartphone, please see Set up a smartphone or tablet or Lost or stolen 2FA.
In your browser
Make sure you have your replacement device with you.
- Navigate to https://identity.uw.edu/2fa
- Sign in with your UW NetID and password.
- Click Call me. Duo will call your phone number.
- Answer the call from Duo and press any key to continue.
- To add your new device, click Device Options then Reactivate Duo Mobile. Duo will prompt you to set up your replacement device. Once complete, Duo will display a confirmation message and return to “My Settings & Devices.”
Set up a replacement phone for “Call me” authentication
If your phone number will be the same, you can continue to use your current settings. If you don’t have access to the old device and don’t have the same number, Contact the UW-IT Service Center and we can assist you in setting up your new phone.
Set up a replacement hardware token
If you still have access to the old hardware token, you can walk through the steps to set up a hardware token. Otherwise Contact the UW-IT Service Center and we can assist you in setting up your new token.
Need more help?
Contact the UW-IT Service Center if you need assistance with your lost or stolen device.