When you change or lose your 2FA device, you will need to set up a new one. If you still have the old device, you can access “Device Options” at identity.uw.edu/2fa and enroll a new device directly.
Set up a replacement smartphone using Duo Mobile
If you replaced your phone or factory reset your phone you may use the instructions below to configure the Duo application on your new phone. If you do not have a replacement smartphone please see the Lost or stolen 2FA device page.
In your browser
Follow these steps using a browser on your computer:
- Please make sure you have your replacement device with you. For example, if you lost your smartphone, make sure you have your replacement smartphone with you.
- Navigate to https://identity.uw.edu/2fa
- Sign in with your UW NetID and password.
- Click Call me. Duo will call your phone number.
- Answer the call from Duo and press any key to continue.
- To add your new replacement device, click Device Options then Reactivate Duo Mobile. Duo will prompt you to set up a device.
- Set up and removal is complete. Duo will display a confirmation message and show “My Settings & Devices”.
Set up a replacement phone for “Call me” authentication
If your phone number will be the same, you can continue to use your current settings. If you don’t have access to the old device and don’t have the same number, Contact the UW-IT Service Center and we can assist you in setting up your new phone.
Set up a replacement hardware token
If you still have access to the old hardware token, you can walk through the steps to set up a hardware token. Otherwise Contact the UW-IT Service Center and we can assist you in setting up your new token.
Need more help?
Contact the UW-IT Service Center if you need assistance with your lost or stolen device.