Follow these steps to set up your mobile phone or landline as a two-factor authentication (2FA) device. Once you set up your mobile phone or landline, you can use the “Call Me” option to sign in with 2FA.
Set up your mobile phone or landline
In your browser
Follow these steps using a browser on your computer:
- Navigate to https://identity.uw.edu/2fa
- Sign in with your UW NetID and password.
- If you haven’t already, agree to the Duo terms of service.
- If this is your first 2FA device, read the brief information to “Protect Your University of Washington Account” and click Start setup. If you already have a device set up, sign in with one of your 2FA devices and click “Add another device”.
- Select “Landline”. This option works for setting up a mobile phone or a landline.
- Enter your valid US phone number and extension, if applicable. Note that use of the “Call Me” option only works with phone numbers in the US and parts of Canada, not in any other countries.
- When Duo detects that you have entered a phone number, it will display a checkbox with the number you have entered. Confirm that this is the correct phone number by clicking the checkbox, or correct the number and extension, if needed. Click Continue.
- Set up is complete. Duo will show “My Settings & Devices”. On this screen you can change the name of your device or add another device (recommended).
Now that you have set up your device, you’re ready to sign in with 2FA when it’s required.
We also recommend setting up one other device in case you lose your primary device.
Need help? See 2FA FAQs or contact us for support.