Information technology tools and resources at the UW
Connecting to UW networks
Ways to connect
Blocked? If your computer is associated with software piracy, has been hijacked by someone else, or is being used to send spam email, UW Information Technology (UW-IT) may block its access to the Internet (sites within UW should still be accessible). If your computer appears to be blocked, see the Blocked Network Service page for instructions.
Campus Networking Services
- UW network connectivity
- Basic network connectivity services and additional service options are described on the UW Network Connectivity page in the UW-IT Service Catalog.
- Network Addressing
- Information on network addressing on campus and its administration is available on the Network Addressing at the UW page.
- Private address routing
- Need a subnet that is not accessible from outside UW? See Private Address Routing on Campus for more information.
- Planning construction and renovation?
- Planning some construction or renovation work in your office or building? Such projects often affect communications services. Please contact UW-IT Communications Infrastructure by sending email to email@example.com so they can assess any impact your planned work may have.
- Questions about your existing service?
- Do you have questions about your current voice, data, or Wi-Fi service? Would you like to explore options for additional connectivity? For an infrastructure evaluation, immediate service concerns, or activations, please contact UW-IT by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.