Information technology tools and resources at the UW
What information will I need?
While it is not required, it may be helpful to prepare some information before you start using the tool, as outlined below.
Some information is required for all projects and acquisitions, while other information is only needed for larger or more complex projects or acquisitions.
If you need to take a break from the assessment to determine the answers to certain questions, your place will be saved in your browser’s memory, allowing you to return and finish your work later.
Information asked of all projects and acquisitions:
- Basic information, including your name, department and a brief summary of your project and acquisition.
- Basic financial information, including if the project investment or ongoing systems costs will be above a certain threshold.
- Scope, including if your project or acquisition will be used outside of your department or will require central administrative resources.
- The oversight level required by the state of Washington; you will be directed to an external tool to determine the required oversight level based on your assessment of risks and severity factors.
Information that may be needed for larger or more complex projects or acquisitions:
- Specific financial information, including how much the project investment will be and how much it will cost over five years.
- A description of how your project or acquisition will impact multiple departments, if applicable.
- A description of how your project or acquisition will require central administrative IT resources, if applicable.
- An estimated timeline for your project or acquisition.
- Some projects may need to fill out a Concept Plan or Investment Plan.