Information Technology standards set by UW Information Technology as permitted by APS 2.3 will be added to this space as they are developed.
Why UW-IT is developing IT standards
- Aid in decision making by reducing the number of choices made in IT development and accelerate decision making where the answer is obvious.
- Reduce complexity and technical debt by using one tool to solve the same problem rather than using and managing many tools.
- Leverage investment that has already been made in both in technology and staff / training
- Improve security and resiliency through managing one solution rather than many solutions.
How the IT Standards will be developed
Based on best practices
- High level approaches to technology, applications, data, and business architecture
- From experience in higher education, IT, and related industries
- Developed by contributors at the UW
- Grounded in existing practices and feasible goals
- Facilitated by the Enterprise Architecture team