Divisional charter: Intent and Purpose
The Office of Information Security is committed to ensuring the University’s cutting-edge research, scholarship and administrative operations are protected from evolving threats.
To ensure a safer environment, Information Security works to secure the technology ecosystem by leading the development of the University’s strategic security direction and fostering collaboration and community among institutional technology and security organizations.
The division also works closely with partners across all campuses to shape policy and governance related to information security, identity and operational IT resilience. As part of its work, the division:
- Leads enterprise information security risk management and owns the assessment of information security risk and compliance, tracking, and reporting
- Drives identity strategy with an information security mindset, supported by governance and policy compliance
- Leads and own enterprise information security education, training, and awareness
- Leads, engages, elevates and coordinates interorganizational information security practices
- Risk Management Services
- Security Operations
- Intel and Data Operations
- Technical Business Continuity
- Identity and Access Management
- Privacy Office
Isaac Straley, Associate Vice President for Information Security and Chief Information Security Officer