Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
Adobe Creative Cloud Suite is a subscription-based software service that allows users access to a collection of software developed by Adobe for graphic design, video editing, web development, photography, and cloud services.
The Creative Cloud suite (all applications) includes the following applications:
- Acrobat Pro
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
Acrobat Pro DC is also available as a single application.
Note: For other Adobe individual titles, contact CDW-G.
How to Get Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
Faculty, Staff, or UW-Owned Lab Computers
- Named User Licenses are available for purchase for faculty and staff
- Shared Device Licenses are available for purchase for lab computers
- Purchase requires valid UW worktags and authorization from a budget approver.
- No Procurement cards or direct sales to individuals are available.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite is available through an annual subscription, with the license period running from July 1 through June 30.
- UW-IT cannot prorate or refund the cost of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite license subscription
- UW-IT will automatically bill for the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite license in the next license cycle.
Order Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Named User Licenses are assigned to an individual. Creative Cloud applications may be installed on multiple devices but can only be used on one device at a time by the named user.
- An individual license can not be assigned to a shared UW NetID.
- Shared Device Licenses are available for a lab or other shared computer environment and can be installed only on a single device for use by any user on that device.
- UW Information Technology will work with you on setting up your Shared Device Licenses.
- Once purchased, you will be automatically billed for your Adobe license annually unless you cancel the renewal before the cancellation deadline. For more information about the cancellation deadline or to submit a cancellation request form, visit: https://itconnect.uw.edu/tools-services-support/software-computers/uware/uw-software-renewal-cancellation-request/.
- You can install your applications on multiple computers
- You can remain signed in to the apps on up to 2 computers
- You can use your app on only one computer at a time
- The license can be transferred to another user at your request
- Yes. Your shared device license product profile administrator should first use the Adobe License Utility tool to remove the license from the existing device. You may then use the license on a new device.
- You can view a complete list on Adobe’s website: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/all-apps.html.
- A user with an existing Adobe named user license purchased via UW IT should use the “Enterprise ID (Company or School)” option to sign in to Adobe on the device with Adobe Shared Device License.
- If you do not have an Adobe “named user” license purchased via UW IT, you must sign in with “Adobe ID.” Adobe issues a free Adobe ID unrelated to the University of Washington. It is your personal account. Do NOT use UW NetID and UW email addresses to create your personal Adobe ID. You can create an Adobe ID here: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/create-update-adobe-id.html.
- This is a known issue. Adobe recommends using Lightroom Classic as a workaround.
PlatformPC, Mac, iOS, Android, Web Browser
Named User License: $175 annually
Shared Device License: $250 annually
- Graphic Design
- Video Editing