The Computer Vet is a free service offered to UW students, faculty and staff to assist with software problems on personal computers. Staffed by knowledgeable students, the Computer Vet can provide best-effort assistance with a wide array of technology issues and tasks, including operating system updates, anti-virus installation, P2P software removal, DawgPrint driver installations, and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Computer Vet?
The Computer Vet is located at the Technology Help Desk on the 2nd floor of Odegaard Undergraduate Library.
When is Computer Vet available?
Computer Vet hours of operation are listed on the help page.
Who can use Computer Vet?
- Current students, faculty, and staff only. UW NetID validation is required.
What does Computer Vet help with?
- UW Microsoft O365 installation.
- UW wireless issues.
- Operating system updates.
- Virus protection.
- UW email configuration.
- General troubleshooting.
What is Computer Vet not able to help with?
- Hardware issues.
- Data recovery and migration.
- Devices managed by departmental IT.
- Personal device set up.
- One-on-one training on software usage.