Information technology tools and resources at the UW
SAS Statistical Packages – Free and Annual Subscriptions
The SAS System is a comprehensive statistical software package from SAS Institute for data management, graphics, analysis, and presentation.
** FREE VERSIONS NOW AVAILABLE TO ALL FACULTY/STAFF AND STUDENTS ** (not UW licensed)
- SAS University Edition Download and install the software yourself, or launch it in the cloud via Amazon Web Services. It includes the most recent releases of SAS Studio, Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/IML and SAS/ACCESS.
- SAS OnDemand for Academics You access the software via the web, all the analytical processing is done in the cloud – you just need a broadband connection.
The UW SAS license includes Windows desktop computers and covers the base system plus additional modules. The Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology (CSDE) offers SAS Linux, Solaris, and Windows Server licenses.
Version – 9.4 for Windows; SAS Linux, Solaris, and Windows Server licenses.
UW currently registered students, faculty or staff ONLY are eligible to participate in this site license. See the terms and conditions in the registration below.
- The cost is $225.00
The annual fee is for the license term of July 1 through June 30.
- Budget numbers are no longer accepted.
- UWare Licensing administers this site license.
- Server licenses start at $1500 for a single-CPU/core.
- Server license term is July 1 – June 30.
- CSDE administers the server licenses.
- Purchase through The Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology (CSDE).
Licenses for individual Windows systems may now be obtained or renewed for July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017
- Purchase/renew through the “OnTheHub” online storefront.
- Payment is by credit card only.
- Budget numbers are no longer accepted online.
- The software can only be downloaded by the person who purchased it.
NOTE! TROUBLE OPENING DOWNLOADED FILES? Some people who have purchased SAS have had difficulties expanding the zip files. It appears that the native Windows file compression software cannot handle large files. We recommend using a 3rd party compression program such as 7-Zip, which has proven to work well.
- SAS Online Documentation
- Easy to follow Installation Instructions
- SAS Installation Instructions
- SAS/Windows 9.4 Renewal Instructions
- A complete listing of SAS publications is provided by the vendor If you would like to purchase the manuals directly from them, send email to: email@example.com or call 800-727-3228
- SAS manuals are sold at the University Book Store
- Technical news and information is available on the SAS Institute website
- SAS Hot Fix for Enterprise Guide 4.1
- SAS offers training classes through their Regional Offices and online
- Creating Media From SAS Software Depot
- Contact UWare Licensing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-221-5000.
- Contact the CSDE Help Desk at email@example.com.