For Sophos Endpoint protection for individual computers, please see Sophos Anti-Virus.
Sophos Central is a web-based enterprise console for managing anti-virus software on multiple computers. It is available to UW departmental IT staff and system administrators.
Sophos Central comes with Intercept X, combining deep learning with anti-exploit technology, CryptoGuard anti-ransomware, root cause analysis, and more to form the industry’s most comprehensive endpoint protection. An administrator can assign compliance policies to devices and users and manage all products from a single interface.
How to Get Sophos Central
All UW departments can request access to Sophos Central. Sophos Support will provision a separate instance of the application. There is no cost to the department; UW-IT has paid for a site license for Sophos Central.Request a Sophos Central Instance
- Sophos Central is available to all UW departments, system administrators, and IT support teams.
- Sophos documentation
- Sophos Training
- Sophos Support
- Sophos Central: Software Deployment Methods
- Sophos Central: Policy changes following migration
- Sophos Central Endpoint:Method for automating deployment of windows computers
- Sophos Central: Migration articles, documentation, and resources
- Sophos Central Endpoint: New endpoint installer FAQ
- Sophos Central Endpoint: Installer command line options
No. Managed clients will check their management server for updates and then fall back to the Sophos data cloud. Stand-alone clients will connect directly to the Sophos data cloud.