The Sophos product suite includes stand-alone and managed anti-virus clients, which are designed to detect and remove viruses and other kinds of malicious software from your computer or laptop. Anti-Virus software is vital to help keep both University computers and your own personal computer secure.
How to Get Sophos Anti-Virus
UW students, faculty, and staff can get Sophos Home Premium for free on their personal computers and devices: Register to download Sophos Home Premium for free
The UW Sophos license allows UW students, faculty, and staff to download the UW’s Sophos software on University-owned computers, servers, and workstations. The software can be installed on unlimited UW-owned computers at no cost.
- The UW Sophos license grants faculty and staff at UW the rights to use the software on UW owned computers, servers, and workstations.
- The UW Sophos license can’t be used on personal computers. For machines not owned by the UW, use Sophos Home Premium instead.
- There is no additional charge for the software.
- You can install Sophos on any number of UW-owned devices.
- No, for machines not owned by the UW, use Sophos Home Premium instead.
Usually, yes. The Sophos installer will usually find and remove older versions of Sophos successfully, but anti-virus software from other vendors should be removed, following the procedure recommended by the vendor, before the Sophos software is installed.
Clients will check every hour for updates by default. Sophos will release updates as frequently as necessary to address emerging threats, averaging approximately four per day.
Sophos Central, a web-based Enterprise Console, is available to UW departmental IT and system administrators to install and manage Sophos Endpoint Protection suite on their departmental computers.
PlatformPC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
- Free for Students