The SAS System is a comprehensive statistical software package from the SAS Institute for data management, graphics, analysis, and presentation.
How to Get SAS
- Students have two options for accessing SAS software for free:
- SAS OnDemand for Academics, which allows access to SAS Software through a web browser
- UW students who pay the Student Technology Fee are eligible for a free account on the Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology (CSDE) SAS Server, accessible through a remote Windows terminal server connection. For more information and to apply for an account, go to CSDE.
Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and staff may use SAS OnDemand for Academics for free, which allows access to SAS Software through a web browser.
- Licenses for SAS Workstation for Windows are available for purchase by Faculty and Staff.
- Purchase requires a valid UW WorkDay “Worktag” and authorization from a budget approver.
- No Procurement cards or direct sales to individuals are available.
- SAS Workstation for Windows is available through an annual subscription, with the license period running from July 1 through June 30.
- UW-IT cannot prorate or refund the cost of the SAS Workstation for Windows license subscription
- UW-IT will automatically bill for the SAS Workstation for Windows license in the following license cycle.
- SAS Workstation for Windows Licenses are assigned to individuals and can be installed on up to two devices.
- A SAS Workstation for Windows license can be assigned to a shared UW NetID.
- Once purchased, you will be automatically billed for your SAS subscription annually unless you cancel the renewal before the cancellation deadline. For additional information about the cancellation deadline or to submit a cancellation request form, visit: https://itconnect.uw.edu/tools-services-support/software-computers/uware/uw-software-renewal-cancellation-request/.
- The SAS license purchased via the UW Information Technology may only be used for academic, non-commercial uses. Any other use is expressly prohibited.
SAS Workstation for Windows FAQs
- You may use SAS Workstation for Windows on two computers.
- Subscriptions are transferrable upon request.
- The license can be canceled using the Cancellation Request Form. (Please read all the details related to cancellation.)
- You do not need to submit an order for a new SAS license each year, and you will be automatically billed for your SAS Workstation for Windows license annually unless you opt out of the renewal before the opt-out deadline.
- Instructions on how to activate your renewed SAS license are available here: https://softy.cac.washington.edu/sas/index.html.
PlatformPC, Linux, Web Browser
- Free for SAS OnDemand for Academics
- $90.00 annually for Workstation License
All sales are final.
- Free for Students