The SAS System is a comprehensive statistical software package from SAS Institute for data management, graphics, analysis, and presentation.
How to Get SAS
- Students have two options for accessing SAS software for free:
- SAS OnDemand for Academics, which allows access to SAS Software through a web browser
- UW students who pay the Student Technology Fee are eligible for a free account on the Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology (CSDE) SAS Server, accessible through a remote Windows terminal server connection. For more information and to apply for an account go to CSDE.
Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and staff may use SAS OnDemand for Academics for free, which allows access to SAS Software through a web browser.
- Licenses for SAS Workstation for Windows are available for purchase by Faculty and Staff
- Purchase requires a valid UW WorkDay “Worktag” and authorization from a budget approver.
- No Procurement cards or direct sales to individuals are available.
- SAS Workstation for Windows is available through an annual subscription, with the license period running from July 1 through June 30.
- UW-IT cannot prorate or refund the cost of the SAS Workstation for Windows license subscription
- UW-IT will automatically bill for the SAS Workstation for Windows license in the next license cycle.
In preparation for UW Finance Transformation (UWFT), we stopped processing orders for subscription products offered in the UWare catalog from May 1, 2023, through July 2023. As of August 2023, we are able to process orders, but some billing may still be delayed.
If you try to place an order and see the message “You are not autorized”, we have had to temporarily disable orders; please check back again in a few days.
Please view this page for more information about the cancellation deadline or to submit a cancellation request form.
A notice will be posted in the UWare Catalog when we can process orders for new software licenses.
- SAS Workstation for Windows Licenses are assigned to an individual and may be installed on up to two devices.
- A SAS Workstation for Windows license can not be assigned to a shared UW NetID.
- Once purchased, you will be automatically billed for your SAS license on an annual basis unless you cancel the renewal before the cancellation deadline. For more information about the cancellation deadline or to submit a cancellation request form, visit: https://itconnect.uw.edu/tools-services-support/software-computers/uware/uw-software-renewal-cancellation-request/.
- The SAS license purchased via UW IT Software Licensing service may be used for academic, non-commercial uses only. Any other use is expressly prohibited.
- You may use SAS Workstation for Windows on two computers.
- The license can be transferred to another user at your request
- You do not need to submit an order for a new SAS license each year, you will be automatically billed for your SAS Workstation for Windows license on an annual basis unless you opt out of the renewal before the opt-out deadline.
- Instructions on how to activate your renewed SAS license are available here: https://softy.cac.washington.edu/sas/index.html
PlatformPC, Linux, Web Browser
- Free for SAS OnDemand for Academics
- $90.00 annually for Workstation License
- Free for Students