Microsoft Office LTSC 2021
Microsoft Office LTSC 2021 is only recommended for computers that are shared by multiple users and should only be installed by IT Staff on university-owned computers.
Individual users should install the Microsoft Office 365 applications.
Microsoft Office LTSC (Long Term Servicing Channel) Professional Plus 2021 is a perpetually licensed version of Microsoft Office that allows users to install a collection of software developed by Microsoft for productivity, collaboration, cloud storage, and more. Microsoft supports each LTSC release for five years.
Microsoft Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021 includes the following:
- Publisher (PC only)
- Access (PC only)
This software can only be installed on computers owned by the UW.
How to Get Microsoft Office LTSC 2021
For Windows, Microsoft Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021 is installed using Click-to-Run installation technology. Microsoft does not provide an installer for download; instead, a computer administrator must use the Office Deployment Tool (ODT) to install Office LTSC 2021 and any stand-alone Office applications (e.g., Visio or Project).
Microsoft Office LTSC 2021 is not supported by UW-IT and is intended to be installed by IT Staff only.
For Mac installation, click here.Download Office Deployment Tool
The UW’s Microsoft Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021 site license:
- Provides Office applications for installation on UW-owned computers.
- It may not be used on personal devices.
- Requires connectivity to the UW Campus network for periodic license activation and validation.
- UW-IT does not support Office LTSC 2021
- Microsoft will provide support and updates until October 13, 2026
- Microsoft Office Support
- There is no device limit; however, the software can only be installed on computers owned by the UW.
- The license is associated with the device but may only be used by current employees or students. Office LTSC must be removed from the device before it leaves UW ownership.
- First, download the installer here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2009112
- Then, download the Serializer here: https://softy.cac.washington.edu/microsoft/office2011.html
- Once downloaded, run the installer from the disk image. When that has been completed, run the Serializer application.
- Mainstream support for Office 2016 ended on October 13, 2020, and, as such, is no longer provided by UW.